Table of Contents
How Can You Use Extreme Performance in Your Business?
Oracle's engineered systems simplify IT operations and lower your costs with extreme performance—accelerated deployments, high-speed processing, and lightning fast analytics. Click the name of an engineered system to learn more.Oracle Exadata Database MachineOracle Exalogic Elastic CloudOracle SuperClusterOracle Database ApplianceOracle Exalytics
MachineOracle Big Data ApplianceSun ZFS Storage Appliance
1Table of ContentsChapter 1 - Why Engineered Systems? 3Chapter 2 - Oracle Exadata Database Machine 7Chapter 3 - Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud 11Chapter 4 - Oracle SuperCluster 15Chapter 5 - Oracle Database Appliance 19Chapter 6 - Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine 23Chapter 7 - Oracle Big Data Appliance 27Chapter 8 - Sun ZFS Storage Appliances 31Chapter 9 - Extreme Performance, Extreme Support 35Resources 392
- The Fastest Database Machine for Data Warehousing and OLTP
- The only database machine that provides extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, and an ideal platform for consolidating database workloads in the cloud and in the data center.
- Procter & Gamble completed specific point-of-sale data queries up to 30 times faster, reducing IT costs with 15 times the data compression
Watch the Video (1:43)
- Orbitz realized 4 times better performance with its mission-critical hotel search engine and delivered 30 percent more data
Watch the Video (1:23)
- Improving system performance helped Robi Axiata increase productivity, which translated into savings of more than US$1.3 million over three years
Watch the Video (1:02)
Radical processing speeds, significantly faster deployments, instant visuals for in-depth analysis, and big data that's finally manageable. Oracle's engineered systems bring extreme performance to every layer of the technology stack and every aspect of your business.
Extreme performance—getting the job done faster, better, or more efficiently than it has ever been done before. It's the hallmark of Oracle's engineered systems and the ultimate embodiment of Oracle's drive to simplify IT.Video: Oracle engineered systems simplify IT by delivering hardware and software engineered to work together.Watch the Video (4:31)
It's All in There
With an inclusive "in-a-box" strategy, Oracle's engineered systems combine best-of-breed hardware and software components with game-changing technical innovations. Designed, engineered, and tested to work together, Oracle's engineered systems can power the cloud and streamline data center operations to make traditional deployments even more efficient.3
Engineered for Extreme Performance
For Oracle customers, extreme performance is not only about speedier query results or significantly higher throughput. It's not only about going from box to clustered database in a few hours, or how users can deploy an application with just a few clicks.
Extreme performance is about taking advantage of new opportunities, discovering new areas of efficiency, and enabling innovation to deliver the kind of results and business performance that simply weren't possible—until now.
The components of Oracle's engineered systems are preassembled for targeted functionality and then—as a complete system—optimized for extreme performance, which means that everything you're doing now gets kicked up a notch or two—or more.4
Engineered to Solve ProblemsThe key to making performance extreme? Just load data fast, process it fast, and put it back fast. Simple, right?Read More
The extreme performance designed into every Oracle engineered system helps reduce risk, lower costs, and maintain the highest IT availability in traditional data centers and cloud. Oracle's engineered systems deploy faster, integrate seamlessly with existing IT environments, and provide the kind of customer experience that helps your users do what they need to do faster, better, and more efficiently.
- Reduce risk and lower costs. Read More
- Keep IT available. Read More
- Consolidate IT environments. Read More
- Simplify cloud. Read More
Engineered to Transform
By taking the guesswork out of these high-availability, purpose-built solutions, Oracle delivers a sophisticated simplicity that's completely integrated throughout every layer of the technology stack, and translates into less risk and lower costs for your business.5Video: Oracle engineered systems enable business innovation.Watch the Video (3:21)
Nowhere is the Oracle promise of "hardware and software engineered to work together" more apparent than in Oracle's engineered systems as they transform your organization, ignite innovation, and drive results.Less risk, lower costs, extreme performance. Only from Oracle.Read More6
The number of success stories for Oracle Exadata Database Machine grows daily. The specifics vary, but eventually they all reach the same conclusion: high expectations for extreme performance are met—and often exceeded—when customers put Oracle Exadata to work.Video: Radio Systems innovates and gets to market fast with Oracle Exadata.Watch the Video (1:36)
It's a Workhorse
As a complete package of servers, storage, networking, and software, Oracle Exadata makes short work of intensive tasks—from online transaction processing (OLTP) to data warehousing. Oracle Exadata is scalable, secure, and redundant, and because it handles mixed workloads, it's the ideal platform for consolidating databases.7Video: "With Oracle Exadata, the bulk of the reports that were taking up to five minutes now take just seconds."Douglas Miller, R.L. Polk & Co.Watch the Video (1:42)
Extreme Storage Servers
A fast CPU is a good place to start, but when you're talking extreme performance, you need more. Oracle Exadata storage servers combine smart storage software and industry-standard hardware to deliver the industry's highest database storage performance.3D Product Demo: Look inside Oracle Exadata.Launch Demo
To overcome the limitations of conventional storage, Oracle Exadata storage servers use a massively parallel architecture that dramatically increases data bandwidth between the database server and storage. When you combine Oracle Exadata storage servers with other innovative technologies from Oracle—including Oracle Exadata Smart Scan, Oracle Exadata Smart Flash Cache, and Oracle Hybrid Columnar Compression—you begin to realize what extreme performance can mean for your business.8
Innovative technologies make extreme performance possible in Oracle Exadata.Read More
Customers Say It Best
See what these customers are saying about how Oracle Exadata made a difference in their businesses.
- Turkcell saw report run times that were 10 times faster, eliminating long wait times for BI. Watch the Video (3:11)
- Finansbank A.S. reduced the size of its data warehouse from 18 TB to 9.5 TB. Read the Story
- Orbitz deployed its hotel search engine on Oracle Exadata to provide a better customer experience. Watch the Video (1:23)
- Yamazaki Baking Co., Ltd. generated 3 years of sales results in just 5 minutes. Read the Story
- Linkshare realized database query speeds that were 8 times faster. Watch the Video (2:52)
- Garmin decreased duplication time for its largest database from 8 days to 10 hours. Learn More
Lower Your Costs and Raise Expectations
If you're using fewer servers to do more, you save on operational costs by reducing floor space and lowering power and cooling costs. If you can use a single server for mixed workloads, you need fewer servers. If the deployment, maintenance, and management of your engineered system has been consolidated and simplified so that everything is managed from a single console, you can deploy systems faster and save time.Video: The world's fastest database machine. Only from Oracle.Watch the Video (5:10)
When you consider the new opportunities that come with a faster time to market and a quicker response to customer demands, you'll soon appreciate the benefits that Oracle Exadata brings to your organization.10
Business applications should help users do business better. Whether you want to respond to customers faster, consolidate reports sooner, or get the right product to market before the competition, you need extreme performance and less complexity.Video: Ingersoll-Rand saw 41 times faster performance on average for concurrent requests from Oracle E-Business Suite.Watch the Video (2:27)
Extreme Performance Waits for No One
Ask your users. They'll tell you they need business applications that help them take advantage of market opportunities and make better decisions faster. They want the latest applications at their fingertips, and they want them available 24/7.
They'll also tell you they don't want to wait—for new applications to be deployed or for old ones to be upgraded. They especially don't want to wait for fixes to IT issues that can affect their work and your bottom line.11Video: Run applications faster with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.Watch the Video (2:31)
What's the Goal?
Can your current IT infrastructure support the business applications you're running today? How about the ones you'll be running tomorrow?
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is an integrated platform for running business applications. An Oracle engineered system, it's a complete solution with hardware, software, networking, and storage—everything you need—in a single machine. And everything in Oracle Exalogic—from applications to disk—is engineered, integrated, optimized, tested, and certified to work together."The increased performance of the Exalogic platform will enable PHH to develop new products… and [provide] more timely access to information for our clients."Chris Brewer, VP, Platform Technologies, PHH12
Oracle SuperCluster helps businesses meet the demands of today's diverse data centers by providing the ideal platform for consolidating third-party, custom, and Oracle applications, and rapidly deploying cloud services.
Fact: Current SPARC/Oracle Solaris customers have a migration path to Oracle SuperCluster that's backed by Oracle's unique guarantee of binary compatibility. Any third-party, custom, or Oracle applications running on a SPARC/Oracle Solaris–based system today are ready to run on Oracle SuperCluster with Oracle Solaris 11, Oracle Solaris 10, or on a mix of the two.
Integrated, Optimized, Extreme Performance
Oracle SuperCluster delivers a single solution to handle all types of enterprise workloads. It's an unmatched combination of the highest levels of performance, availability, and operating efficiency, including15
Oracle SuperCluster offers the flexibility you want at every level.Read More
- Faster database performance with bundled Oracle Exadata storage servers
- Faster Java application performance with optional Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud software
- High-availability configuration options with remote disaster recovery
Consolidating Diverse Environments
By using Oracle SuperCluster to consolidate environments in your data center, you can greatly reduce the risk, cost, and complexity of your IT systems. Oracle SuperCluster includes Oracle's flexible, low-overhead virtualization and powerful system management tools to help you rapidly deploy high-performance applications, consolidate complex enterprise workloads, and replace aging servers.Video: National Instruments relies on SPARC to help them consolidate their environment, reduce costs, and increase performance.Watch the Video (2:21)16
With Oracle SuperCluster you can
- Consolidate diverse workloads— including database, middleware, and web applications—on a single server
- Efficiently consolidate different tiers of an enterprise application and securely consolidate multiple applications without sacrificing performance
- Increase server utilization and reduce the number of servers you need to manage and maintain
Extreme Performance in a Single Rack
Oracle SuperCluster combines hardware and software that's preintegrated at the highest levels and then optimized and tuned as a complete system. The best-of-breed components and leading-edge technology that give Oracle SuperCluster extreme performance include
17Podcast: See how Oracle's SPARC SuperCluster is designed to help your business get faster results.Watch the Podcast (7:33)
- Oracle's powerful T-Series processors with advanced computing power
- Oracle Solaris 11 with its unique forward- and backward-compatibility for optimal scalability and reliability
- Oracle Exadata storage servers optimized for faster Oracle Database performance
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud for faster Java middleware performance
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance with versatile, high-performance storage
Engineered for Extreme Efficiency
Oracle SuperCluster is shipped preassembled and preinstalled, resulting in unprecedented savings in both the time and effort required to bring a system to production.
Whether your goal is improving system utilization, reducing energy consumption, conserving data center floor space, or creating a cloud computing infrastructure, Oracle SuperCluster offers a fast, tested, and certified platform.
Extreme efficiency and extreme savings. Extreme performance from Oracle SuperCluster.18
The benefits of Oracle's engineered systems aren't limited to large enterprises. With Oracle Database Appliance, midsize businesses—as well as department-level organizations—can dramatically reduce the time, risk, and costs usually associated with building a high-availability database or solution in a box.Analyst Report: Research by ORC International found that DBAs could save 835 hours in the first year of system implementation and 669 hours in subsequent years.1Read the Report
Use the World's #1 Database Today
Oracle Database Appliance delivers a complete package—software, server, storage, and networking—that's engineered for easy deployment, so you can get to work in a few hours instead of a few days. It offers high availability, making it ideal for a range of OLTP, data warehousing, and application workloads.
Organizations around the globe are taking advantage of this Oracle engineered system that makes deploying the world's #1 database easy—at a cost that makes it practical.
1 "Time Savings and Ease of Deployment Comparison Study, Oracle Database Appliance vs. Microsoft SQL Server, January 2012," ORC International19Infographic: Find out how Oracle Database Appliance saves time and money by simplifying deployment, maintenance, and support of high-availability workloads.Launch Infographic
A Virtualized Solution-in-a-Box
Oracle Database Appliance was designed specifically for mission-critical business applications in midsize organizations and individual departments in larger enterprises. It supports virtualized workloads, which lets value-added resellers and independent software vendors use build applications without the hassle of configuring and testing each database.
With the addition of a virtual platform option, Oracle Database Appliance provides the virtualization capabilities of Oracle VM—built in and already integrated. Customers can quickly deploy a complete, highly available solution to remote branch offices where IT resources and the size of the IT footprint may be a challenge.Video: "It's incredibly simple. Managing Oracle Database Appliance is really just bringing up the web site to make sure it's still online—that we have power and connections to it."Jason Scinocca, CTO, CallSourceWatch the Video (1:38)20
"Leveraging the world's most popular database on industry leading hardware in one plug-and-go appliance significantly reduces risk and complexity for my customers."Wade Nicolas, President, Enkitec
Capacity-on-Demand Software Licensing Model
When what you need is a high-availability database that's easy to use, fast to deploy, and cost-efficient to buy, Oracle Database Appliance offers a solution that lets you buy what you need now, and then scale seamlessly as your business grows.
The capacity-on-demand software licensing model used by Oracle lets you decide how much product you need. You license—and pay for—from 2 to 24 cores. If your needs change later, you simply license and "turn on" as many of the additional cores as you need. There's no hardware to buy, and no need to shut down the system for an upgrade.3D Product Demo: Look inside Oracle Database Appliance.Launch Demo21
You can deploy Oracle Database Appliance in a single operation because Oracle has completely automated the setup for you—including all configurations for the clustered database.
Managing Oracle Database Appliance is easy because Oracle engineers have automated time-consuming DBA tasks with Appliance Manager. And, to help you resolve problems, Oracle Database Appliance has built-in diagnostics that can automatically contact Oracle Support and relay the information needed for a fast resolution.Appliance Manager takes care of time-consuming DBA tasks for you.Read More
Simply plug in the appliance and answer a few questions via the installation wizard. (Allow an hour if you know the answers—two if you have to look them up.) When you finish the questions, just click the button. It really is that simple.
Simple, reliable, affordable database solutions. Oracle Database Appliance.22
It's all there. A best-in-class enterprise BI platform, in-memory analytics software, and industry-changing hardware—all engineered to work together to provide extremely fast solutions for BI, modeling, forecasting, and planning. You can put it to work right out of the box, and you'll be amazed at how much faster your existing analytics processes can run.
Business Analytics in the Extreme
Your best analysts can work smarter (and faster) because your IT group has deployed the extreme performance of Oracle Exalytics. Your sales and marketing teams can identify new customers and new revenue opportunities, and you can lower your operational costs and reduce your overall risk with this preconfigured, pretested, preoptimized engineered system from Oracle.Video: Customers discuss the benefits of Oracle Exalytics.Watch the Video (2:56)23Video: "This [in-memory computing] has significantly changed how people in information management now deal with data."Kishore Agasthi, Sodexo.Watch the Video (1:30)
With Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, extreme performance means
- Speed-of-thought analysis. Oracle Exalytics starts working even before you click Go. It suggests connections and enables interactive, real-time analysis that helps users visualize and explore patterns and trends.
- Mobile BI. Any content available in Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite is available to mobile users without change, letting users perform analytics anywhere, any time.
- Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office. Integration with Microsoft Office via a dashboard page and report prompts lets users create BI views directly from Excel and embed both analyses and dashboard pages in the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog.
- Advanced data visualization. With enhanced visualization—including trellis reports—users can explore and analyze even large sets of data to identify outliers and patterns and provide actionable insight.
Trellis graphs actually show a series of nested graphs. When you hover over a cell, you get more information about the data inside the graph.Read More
The Richest Experience for Business Intelligence
Oracle Exalytics includes Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite, the industry-leading enterprise BI solution for reporting, ad hoc query and analysis, online analytical processing (OLAP), dashboards, and scorecards.Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite has the industry's best-in-class server technology for relational and multidimensional analysis.Read More
Taking Away the Limits3D Product Demo: Look inside Oracle Exalytics.Launch Demo25
Oracle Exalytics puts no limits on the number of users or on the number of applications you can run. Applications can use data from any source—including other connected databases, data warehouses, OLAP applications, and third-party datasources—so your analysis is not limited to data currently stored in memory.
For example, many organizations close their books at the end of each quarter so they can process the multitude of reports that show the current state of their business. But what if you didn't have to wait until the end of the quarter to get those reports? What if you could virtually close your books at the end of each month? Or the middle of the week? Or anytime? With Oracle Exalytics, these scenarios aren't just possible, they're routine.
Lower Cost with Extreme Performance
Faster analytics means more data analyzed, more users supported, and more-timely reports. With improvements in efficiencies for both IT and the business side of the organization, Oracle Exalytics provides a lower total cost of ownership and a faster return on your investment.Video: "The next best solution in front of us probably was in the neighborhood of US$2 to $3 million more than the Exalytics solution."Darryl LaGace, CIO, San Diego Unified School DistrictWatch the Video (1:37)
Advanced analytics with speed-of-thought visualization. Only from Oracle.26
You've invested in collecting big data because you know it holds valuable information about your customers and your competition. By combining insight gleaned from big data with the traditional transactional data already available in your business, you can capitalize on previously hidden relationships and get a real competitive advantage.
The Challenge of Big Data
Everyone agrees on the benefits of big data—and the challenges. With big data growing at such unprecedented rates, how can businesses work fast enough to turn big data into the insight that can help them effectively compete in today's rapidly changing marketplace?27
The challenge facing business is finding an efficient, cost-effective, and timely way to make big data accessible to users. When your users are able to use and analyze big data—along with other enterprise data—they can uncover new insight about your business. Oracle Big Data Appliance helps you answer this challenge by providing a solution that brings the value of big data to the enterprise.What Makes Big Data Big?Read More
The Solution for Big Data
With Oracle Big Data Appliance, extreme performance means quickly getting real business value from your big data—rapidly provisioning a single system that's scalable, highly available, and optimized to transform massive amounts of data into usable information.
With the in-a-box simplicity that's characteristic of all Oracle engineered systems, Oracle Big Data Appliance takes care of all the "heavy lifting" associated with making big data available to your users, including
- Acquiring and managing all types of data (both structured and unstructured) from a variety of sources
- Performing an initial analysis and organizing the data
- Making the data immediately available for SQL queries or loading into an Oracle data warehouse for integrated analysis with other enterprise data
The Big Picture for Big Data
Oracle Big Data Appliance is part of a total platform that includes Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalytics, and Oracle Big Data Connectors (software for easily integrating Oracle Database and Hadoop). Oracle Big Data Appliance comes with a full set of software to work with big data, including
3D Product Demo: Look inside Oracle Big Data Appliance.Launch DemoVideo: InfoSys discusses the benefits of Oracle Big Data Appliance.Watch the Video (1:50)29
- Cloudera's Distribution, including Apache Hadoop (CDH)
- Cloudera Manager for clusterwide administration and monitoring of CDH
- Oracle NoSQL Database for fast, low-latency access to massive amounts of data, and for supporting data retrieval and data updates
- Open source distribution of the R statistical environment for deep analysis of big data
Build It Yourself or Use It Now?"ESG believes that for a true enterprise-class big data project of medium complexity, Oracle Big Data Appliance will deliver nearly 40 percent cost savings versus IT architecting, designing, procuring, configuring, and implementing its own big data infrastructure.""Getting Real About Big Data: Build Versus Buy" by Evan Quinn, Senior Principal Analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group, February 2013.
Oracle Big Data Appliance helps reduce the risks and operating costs of making big data a valuable asset for your business. With Oracle Big Data Appliance there's no need for you to
- Choose and configure hardware
- Figure out the correct open source components and versions
- Integrate, tune, and optimize the system
When you compare building a big data system from scratch to using the prepackaged, preassembled, and preintegrated Oracle Big Data Appliance, you can easily see how cost-effective it can be to have a complete system of optimized hardware and comprehensive, preconfigured software that will acquire, organize, and do the initial analysis of your big data in one engineered system.
Getting business value from big data. Oracle Big Data Appliance.30
It's the hardware and software, engineered to work together, that enables integration throughout the Oracle technology stack. And it's that integration—along with groundbreaking technology—that lets Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances offer extreme storage capabilities to customers using network-attached storage (NAS) for enterprise applications, cloud computing, virtualization, storage consolidation, and data protection solutions.Video: "With the support for [Oracle] Hybrid Columnar Compression, it [Sun ZFS Storage Appliance] really made customers take a step back and open their eyes on what you can do with this unique platform."Hal Moretto, SunGard Availability ServicesWatch the Video (2:48)
It just makes sense. When you compress data more efficiently, you need less hardware to store the data and less time to access it.31
When you compress data using Oracle Hybrid Columnar Compression and store the results on Sun ZFS Storage Appliances, you get extreme storage capabilities that are cost-efficient, space-efficient, and significantly faster.Sun ZFS Storage Appliances are the only NAS solutions to offer this game-changing compression technology.Read More
The extreme performance of Sun ZFS Storage Appliances makes them ideal storage partners for Oracle engineered systems. If you already have Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalogic, or Oracle SuperCluster deployed in your organization, you can easily connect to Sun ZFS Storage Appliances, back up large amounts of data quickly, and make that data available to other groups—such as testing and development—in your organization."Now we can restore full copies of our [Oracle] Exadata databases to this device [Sun ZFS Storage Appliances], run it with Oracle Hybrid Columnar Compression in place, do all our testing, and use the same release of software. It solved a major problem for us in a very inexpensive way."Douglas Miller, Director, Global Database Development and Operations,
Sun ZFS Storage Appliances use software optimizations and a scalable, high-throughput design that includes optimizations to networks (such as InfiniBand) to increase performance.
Sun ZFS Storage Appliance is the only storage system to achieve leading performance results in the industry-standard benchmarks for file serving, database and OLTP I/O, and high-bandwidth streaming I/O workloads. In the SPECsfs2008 benchmark, for example, the Storage Performance Council found that Sun ZFS Storage Appliance is faster and less expensive for general-purpose file sharing.Analyst Report: Sun ZFS Storage Appliance had 1.41 times the performance of a four-node NetApp FAS 6240 cluster, at less than 35 percent of the cost—a price/performance advantage that's four times better. 1Read the Report
1Results as of April 23, 2012. Sun ZFS 7420 appliance 267,928 SPEC SFS2008_nfs Ops/sec, 1.31 msec ORT, NetApp FAS6240 190,675 SPEC SFS2008_nfs Ops/Sec, 1.17 msec ORT, NetApp Data ONTAP 8.1 Cluster-Mode (4-node FAS6240) 260,388 SPEC SFS2008_nfs Ops/Sec, 1.53 msec ORT.
Configuration Bill of Materials list price for Oracle result of US$423,644.
Configuration Bill of Materials list price for NetApp FAS6240 result of US$1,224,350 (View state government contract pricing). See more detailed comparisons.33
Optimize Your Data Center
With less hardware, award-winning performance, and a smaller footprint, Sun ZFS Storage Appliances are perfect for consolidating NAS-based solutions in the data center. Customers are using smarter storage to
Sun ZFS Storage Appliances include DTrace Analytics to provide comprehensive information about any area of your storage system.Read More
- Maximize Oracle Database efficiency
- Deliver maximum performance for primary storage
- Integrate with Oracle VM 3.0
- Introduce optimizations that simplify test and development environments and reduce their overall footprint
- Introduce optimizations that reduce management costs
Like all Oracle engineered systems, Sun ZFS Storage Appliances include everything you need for fast, simple deployment. Integrated, efficient, extreme storage. Only from Oracle.34
Hardware and software, engineered to work together from applications to disk—all from a single vendor. Only from Oracle.
Oracle designs complete systems that are engineered to work together and integrated to reduce the complexity of IT infrastructures. Oracle engineered systems offer
- Extreme performance. Oracle's engineered systems are optimized to achieve enterprise performance levels that are unmatched in the industry. Components at all levels of the technology stack are fine-tuned to deliver extreme performance that no other vendor can duplicate.
- In-a-box simplicity. Oracle's engineered systems help reduce your time to productivity because everything you need for your solution is included. You don't have to spend weeks (or months) procuring all the pieces and making sure they work together—it's already done for you.
- Complete stack solutions. Oracle architects, implements, and maintains the entire technology stack, so Oracle customers benefit from the reduced complexity that goes along with having an integrated, single-vendor solution from applications to disk.
The Oracle Support Advantage
With multivendor systems, there's always the question of which vendor to call for support, and who to contact to help make things run better. With Oracle's engineered systems, you contact one vendor for service and support. You get industry-leading response times with no complex vendor hand-offs or time-consuming finger-pointing—just one vendor supporting the entire stack from applications to disk.
Fact: Since 2002, Oracle has won more awards for customer support than any other technology company.
Oracle offers the most-integrated support solutions in the industry, with comprehensive lifecycle services that help you take full advantage of the extreme performance of Oracle engineered systems.
- Oracle Premier Support. Complete support essentials with 24/7 coverage and proactive resources to help resolve issues before they become problems. Learn More
- Oracle Platinum Services. Enhanced support services with remote fault monitoring, industry-leading response and restore times, and patching services—exclusively available at no extra charge to qualifying Oracle Premier Support customers. Learn More
- Oracle Advanced Customer Support Services. Tailored, mission-critical support services to help you maintain and maximize performance of all Oracle mission critical systems. Learn More
Oracle's support services experts are focused on delivering rapid time to value and reduced risk. And when it comes to keeping your Oracle engineered systems running at peak performance, Oracle is uniquely qualified to provide the most complete, integrated, and proactive support experience available.Video: TIAA-CREF increased uptime and performance by leveraging a solution support center and advanced support engineers both onsite and remotely from Oracle Advanced Customer Support Services.Watch the Video (2:15)
High-Availability Support—No Additional Cost
Oracle Platinum Services is a special entitlement available to Oracle Premier Support customers running certified configurations on Oracle's engineered systems. Oracle Platinum Services offers customers access to valuable support services under their existing support agreement—at no extra cost. In addition to receiving the complete support essentials with Oracle Premier Support, qualifying Oracle Platinum Services customers also receive
37Video: "The [Oracle] Platinum Services offering has been a great addition to Oracle Premier Support. Our experience has exceeded my expectations."Vincent Biddlecombe, CTO, TransplaceWatch the Video (2:09)
- 24/7 Oracle remote fault monitoring
- Patch deployment
- Industry-leading response and restore times
- 5-minute fault notification
- 15-minute restoration or escalation to development
- 30-minute joint debugging with development
There are many hardware and software vendors in today's market, but only Oracle provides complete, integrated engineered systems that offer lower costs, less risk, and more support than from any other vendor.
Extreme performance. Only from Oracle engineered systems.38
MachineOracle Exalogic Elastic CloudOracle SuperClusterOracle Database ApplianceOracle Exalytics
MachineOracle Big Data ApplianceSun ZFS Storage ApplianceSuccess Stories
Articles and Reports
- Video: Allegis Accelerates HR Processing for 130,000 Contractors (2:32)
- Video: Commonwealth Bank of Australia Consolidates 250 to 350 Databases with Exadata (2:11)
- Reference Book: Finansbank A.S. Boosts System Performance for Its 600,000 Monthly Report Queries
- Video: Garmin Achieves 50% Improvement with Oracle Exadata (1:56)
- Video: Orbitz Consolidates OLTP Applications Onto Oracle (1:23)
- Video: PHH Corporation Standardizes on Oracle Exadata and Exalogic (3:15)
- Video: Procter & Gamble Drives 30X Performance Gains with Exadata (1:43)
- Video: Radio Systems Innovates and Gets to Market Fast with Exadata (1:56)
- Video: Exadata Delivers Dramatic Performance Gains to Robi Axiata (1:02)
- Press Release: SquareTwo Financial Goes Live with Oracle Engineered Systems
- Video: Turkcell Gets the Benefits of Oracle Exadata (3:11)
- Video: UL Standardizes ERP Processes for over 60,000 Manufacturers (2:31)
- Customer Reference Book: Yamazaki Baking Co., Ltd. Processes Sales Data 30 Times Faster, Improves Factory and Business Operations
- Video: Customers Talk About the Benefits of Oracle Exadata (2:52)
- Customer Reference Book: Information for Success: Customers Improve Data Warehousing Performance and Lower Costs with Oracle Exadata
Interactive MediaCopyright © 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.39
- White Paper: Exadata Smart Flash Cache Features and Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- White Paper: Improve Database Capacity Management with Oracle Storage and Oracle Hybrid Columnar Compression