Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1Table of ContentsChapter 1 - Oracle Storage Strategy 3Chapter 2 - Application Engineered Storage 6Chapter 3 - Enterprise-Class Performance 9Chapter 4 - Maximize Storage Efficiency 13Chapter 5 - Superior Data Protection 16Chapter 6 - Easy and Comprehensive Storage Management 18Chapter 7 - Oracle Storage Product Portfolio 21Chapter 8 - Complete Support of Your Oracle Storage Solutions 28Resources 302
The total volume of data being processed and stored by businesses is rising exponentially. IDC has estimated that the size of the "digital universe" will reach 4ZB in 2013, almost 50% more than 2012 volumes and grow to 35ZB by 2020. For most companies, data is essentially doubling every two years. While data storage technology has undergone a steady increase in capacity as well, that alone is simply not enough to keep pace with the other challenges that accompany this rapid data growth, including:
- Meeting user and application performance requirements under the strain of all of this data
- Maximizing application availability and meeting SLAs, especially for backup and recovery
- Avoiding storage sprawl and data silo inefficiencies
- Building an archive or long-term data retention strategy
- Ensuring that the software in your data center – typically the most expensive aspect of any data center – is getting the best ROI by running as fast and efficiently as possible
What’s needed is greater intelligence in the storage infrastructure, to make it work smarter, run faster, and perform more efficiently with the other systems and applications in your data center.3Application Engineered StorageLearn More
Oracle is addressing these challenges with a new breed of storage – application engineered storage. Its portfolio of storage systems are co-engineered with other parts of the Oracle software stack, helping enterprises achieve higher levels of business performance, simplified deployments, reduced risk, and environments that run Oracle software faster and more efficiently.
The End Game: Lower TCO for Customers
Oracle uses innovative storage architectures that offer best-of-breed capabilities for heterogeneous data centers and make it possible for customers running Oracle databases, middleware, or applications to purchase less storage and achieve a lower total cost of ownership (TCO). This is possible through:
- Unique co-engineering between Oracle storage and software that allow the storage systems to run faster and more efficiently
- Innovative data reduction, data services, and storage consolidation capabilities that maximize data center agility and further increase storage efficiency
- Leading-edge management and analytics tools that make Oracle storage easy to deploy and manage
- Innovative architectures based on the latest technologies that enable linear scaling and industry-leading performance and capacity
Whether it's primary or backup storage for Oracle Databases, virtualized or enterprise cloud environments, long-term archives, tiered storage architectures for larger data pools, or any other needs, Oracle application engineered storage offers a solution to help your enterprise stay ahead of the data explosion.5
Oracle uniquely delivers servers, storage, networking technology, and software that are engineered to work together. The result is simplified deployments and a reduced need to purchase additional standalone products and services. For storage specifically, tight integration between the application, data set, and storage environment enables Oracle to increase both storage efficiencies and the efficiency of storage administrators.Analyst Report: "Oracle views database storage differently from much storage vendors. Oracle sees the database through the eyes, life, and tasks of the DBA. This led them to engineer a symbiotic relationship between the Oracle Database and Oracle storage."Mark Staimer, Dragon Slayer ConsultingRead the Analyst Report
Let's take a closer look at some of the integrations Oracle offers, and the benefits that these features deliver.6
Oracle's Hybrid Columnar Compression technology delivers unmatched data reduction and capacity savings with 10-50x compression and 5x performance improvements. Available only on Oracle Exadata and Oracle storage, Hybrid Columnar Compression dramatically improves the efficiency of Oracle Database deployments, making it easy for customers to integrate Oracle storage into their existing data center and immediately benefit from both reduced storage costs and performance improvements.
Oracle Intelligent Storage Protocol (OISP) is a unique communications protocol that enables Oracle Database 12c to communicate directly with the ZFS Storage Appliance to dynamically and automatically tune database performance, reducing administration and provisioning time for these tasks by 65%.7Analyst Report: "ZFS Storage Appliances’ tight integration with Oracle database increases performance and efficiencies by at least 3 to 5x over general-purpose data storage systems (such as NetApp FAS, HP 3PAR, EMC VNX, DELL Compellent, and others) that do not offer deep Oracle Database application integration."Marc Staimer, Dragon Slayer ConsultingRead the Analyst ReportAnalyst Report: "CIOs, CTOs and senior storage executives should position the Oracle ZFS appliance as an ideal strategic fit for high streaming environments such as database backups. As well, the product can be successfully integrated into high-performance Oracle database workloads."David Floyer, WikibonRead the Analyst Report
Oracle's Storage Connect framework provides an application programming interface that makes it easy to manage and provision storage in an Oracle VM environment. By integrating virtualized server and storage management operations into a single GUI-based tool, storage administrators can directly configure and manage storage systems attached to their Oracle VM server pools.
Integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager enables administrators to monitor and manage these storage environments from a single console. For example, the Pillar Axiom plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager allows administrators to monitor one or more instances of Pillar Axiom systems and the applications that use their storage from within Oracle Enterprise Manager's Web-based console.8
Oracle customers enjoy superior performance across the entire Oracle storage product line, whether they are operating Oracle environments or running multivendor application workloads. Each storage device in the Oracle portfolio has been architected to match the needs of the application throughout the information lifecycle.
For example, the ZFS Storage Appliance features a Hybrid Storage Pools (HSP) architecture which automatically migrate data between DRAM, Flash, and disk. This innovative architecture keeps active data in DRAM ensuring that 90% of I/Os are served from the fastest media and continuously optimizes storage performance and efficiency by moving data to slower and less expensive media as it ages. As a result, the ZFS Storage Appliance delivers proven performance for any workload, boasting high-performance SPC and SPECsfs benchmark results.
For SAN environments, Oracle offers unique quality of service (QoS) functionality with its Pillar Axiom storage systems. These products implement automated, priority-based queuing. Users can set priorities for specific applications, and critical tasks gain priority access to the storage device. This approach is in stark comparison with traditional SAN storage solutions, which employ a "first in, first out" approach in which background tasks and business-critical applications are given the same priority. With Pillar Axiom QoS, you can confidently consolidate your SAN storage onto a single platform to simplify your data center and increase storage efficiency.9"The first thing we note about the ZS3 is its blazing fast performance on critical, high-write, mixed workloads in addition to the engineered performance for Oracle databases."
Oracle's StorageTek tape solutions employ industry-leading performance innovations at the library and drive levels. StorageTek T10000D is the world's fastest and highest-capacity tape drive at 8.5 TB, offering up to 252 MB/sec in raw data throughput — that's more than 75 percent faster than midrange LTO-5 drives, which run at 140 MB/sec. Additionally, the robotics in StorageTek SL8500 and StorageTek SL3000 are path-optimized, greatly reducing the amount of time required to gain access to a tape drive.10
“We chose Oracle’s StorageTek solutions over the competition because no other company can offer the same tape storage density, data integrity validation and data assurance technology. The scale, capacity, and economy of the Oracle Optimized Solution for tiered storage Infrastructure using Oracle’s StorageTek SL3000 modular library system and Oracle’s StorageTek T10000C tape drive offers our users scalable storage and 66% faster data response time than our previous tape technology.”Jake Carroll, Senior Information Technology Manager, Queensland Brain Institute
In addition to traditional NAS and SAN architectures, Oracle offers a wide range of engineered systems which bring Oracle software and hardware together into a pre-configured, optimized, converged infrastructure. Engineered systems include Oracle Exadata to dramatically accelerate Oracle Database performance, and Oracle SuperCluster for mixed application environments. Oracle is continually innovating with co-engineering advances to bring business value to customers.11Case Study: "We had a bottleneck behind our three Oracle Exadata full racks with six high-performance databases, so we decided to deploy the industry-leading network-attached storage, Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance. The result was, on average, a tenfold reduction in storage space, a tenfold reduction in backup time, and enhanced overall database performance."Orhan Karaman, Database Administrator, Turkcell İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.Learn More12
There are many aspects to achieving storage efficiency, including reducing the total amount of storage needed, maximizing the utilization of current storage, and using the right storage to minimize cost and energy. Oracle addresses all these efficiency requirements and more with its portfolio of application engineered storage systems and solutions.Video: Oracle Fact Finders, Episode 3: Benefits of Data Compression.Watch the Video (8:05)
- Hybrid Columnar Compression enables customers with existing Oracle Databases for OLTP, data warehousing, or mixed workloads to achieve up to 98 percent reductions in storage footprints for in-database archives. Customers can significantly increase performance by deploying Oracle Exadata Database Machines and Oracle SPARC SuperClusters, or by replacing existing EMC and NetApp storage with ZFS Storage Appliances and Pillar Axiom storage solutions that support Hybrid Columnar Compression.
Case Study: "In transitioning to a virtualized environment, we wanted tape storage that would offer the performance and flexibility required for rapid growth. It was instantly clear that Oracle could provide the performance, scalability, and ease of management we needed in the long term."Maria Elena Campidoglio, Senior Information Technology Executive, CedacriLearn More14
- ZFS Storage Appliance uses multicore processors and is built on the highly multithreaded Oracle Solaris operating system, so it can run multiple data services on multiple streams of data in parallel. With more processing power than competitive systems and dynamic automated tiering software, the ZFS Storage Appliance enables you to dramatically reduce filer sprawl and achieve high levels of system and virtual machine consolidation with support for thousands of VMs, reducing the number of systems you need to purchase and manage in your data center.
- Pillar Axiom systems maximize efficiency by prioritizing I/O activities with its application-aware QoS capability. Although buying extra storage resources can also eliminate I/O contention between applications, Pillar Axiom's QoS offers a much more cost-effective solution.
- StorageTek tape solutions offer the industry's largest-capacity enterprise tape drive and the densest library solution. The StorageTek T10000D tape drive stores and retrieves more than 3X the data per cartridge and is more than 50 percent faster than LTO-6, so fewer media cartridges are needed to store the same amount of data.
In addition to achieving great efficiencies within individual storage technologies, data centers can further increase overall efficiency by moving from a single tier of disk storage to an Oracle tiered storage environment that automatically moves data among Flash storage, performance disk, capacity disk, and tape.Analyst Report: "The average cost for a disk-based backend storage solution costs about 26 times as much as the average cost of a tape-based solution using an automated tape library (ATL)."David Reine and Mike Kahn, Clipper GroupRead the Analyst ReportMoving from a single tier of tier-1 storage to Flash, performance disk, capacity disk, and tape results in faster performance and a 75 percent savings in storage expenditures.Learn More15
An important consideration in your overall storage strategy is how effectively it keeps your company's data secure and protected. Oracle storage integrates several features that accelerate backup, recovery and secure long-term archive of your critical data.
Many organizations encrypt sensitive data to increase security and guard against loss. Oracle introduced application-level encryption via Oracle Key Manager for Oracle Database applications as well as for data stored on StorageTek solutions. Designed to meet stringent enterprise requirements, Oracle Key Manager makes it easy to implement and scale storage-based encryption for both operational and archival needs."Oracle is a true partner for our business. The complete Oracle backup solution we implemented gives us an integrated disk and tape data protection strategy for Oracle Exadata."Donald Twesiga, Executive Head of IT Operations, Safaricom16
Pillar Axiom Storage Domains provide unique security capabilities in multitenancy environments for cloud computing. Other systems create multitenancy by slicing up a single common pool of storage, but Pillar Axiom Storage Domains offer the option of physically separating data into a series of distinct storage pools on different devices. This unique approach increases security and prioritizes I/O requests within each individual storage domain, based on Pillar Axiom's automated QoS capabilities.
Both Pillar Axiom solutions and ZFS Storage Appliances offer features that help reduce risk and keep your data protected in storage environments, including snapshots, clones, and replication capabilities. In addition, ZFS Storage Appliances offer end-to-end checksumming that constantly reads and checks data to ensure that it's correct, and predictive self-healing capabilities for automatically diagnosing, isolating, and recovering from faults.
Oracle’s StorageTek tape products provide cost-effective, highly scalable storage for long-term preservation of data. Records, such as medical images, need to be kept practically forever and yet be readily accessible if needed. StorageTek tape libraries and drives provide exabyte-level storage capacity with NAS-like file access. When combined with Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances or Oracle’s Pillar Axiom storage systems in a tiered storage architecture, StorageTek tape products provide a solution that is many times more cost-effective than disk-only environments.17
Oracle Enterprise Manager simplifies IT maintenance by enabling system administrators to manage multiple levels of the technology stack via one unified management utility. It provides a cohesive interface for all statistics, alerts, faults, analytics, and provisioning—not only for Oracle's storage product line but also for many other types of hardware and software, both from Oracle and other technology vendors."We selected Oracle’s StorageTek SL150 modular tape library over Dell and HP for its ease of use, simple upgrade process, and low cost expandability to support our rapid growth. We now create archives 3x faster, have enabled remote access for our clients, and increased staff productivity."James Gardner, Director, Department of Post18
Analyst Report: "Oracle’s Application Engineered Storage, where the application and storage are communicating continuously and performing tuning functions on an autonomic basis, can reduce manual activities by as much as 65% while providing performance several times faster than competing storage systems."Deni Connor, Storage Strategies NOWRead the Analyst Report
Oracle offers a variety of sophisticated utilities for monitoring and troubleshooting Oracle's storage products. Storage administrators who use DTrace storage analytics on ZFS Storage Appliance can see exactly how database systems are behaving, down to the virtual machine and virtual disk level. When combined with the intuitive, browser-based appliance management environment, ZFS Storage Appliance has been shown to reduce management costs by as much as 36 percent over NetApp filers.
Pillar Axiom solutions provide an intuitive, complete graphical user interface for management that enables provisioning and reprovisioning data volumes and file systems without requiring specialized storage knowledge. In addition, the Pillar Axiom QoS manager will automatically configure CPU resources, priority queues, and more to deliver the appropriate level of application performance based on business requirements.19Video: StorageTek Tape Analytics product overview.Watch the Video (2:46)
For StorageTek environments, Oracle offers an intelligent monitoring and management software interface. StorageTek Tape Analytics simplifies tape management by eliminating manual intervention and improving operational efficiency at half the cost of competing platforms. By capturing library, drive, and media performance metrics and presenting them to IT or storage administrators in a single pane of glass, customers can proactively make decisions about their tape infrastructure, and reduce downtime and data management resources.20
Oracle has a complete storage portfolio with best-of-breed products for all storage needs. It includes everything from extremely fast Flash-based products and SAN storage arrays to high-capacity, low-cost NAS systems; highly scalable tape automation solutions; and integrated database machines. As data ages, it can be automatically migrated from primary to archival disk, and then to near-line tape, where it can still be directly accessed when needed. With Oracle storage solutions, you can maximize the utilization of your online assets and save energy and operating expenses for older data that doesn't have to be stored in an "always on" disk-based solution.21
Database I/O—Oracle Exadata Storage Server
Oracle Exadata is a massively parallel, fault-tolerant, highly secure platform of preintegrated processors, storage devices, switches, and software components that has been engineered as a cohesive unit. The solution is built around an intelligent storage that contains high-performance Oracle Exadata Storage Servers with PCI flash and capacity drives in each rack. This turnkey database system, optimized for hosting Oracle Database 11g, delivers exceptional performance for both online transaction processing (OLTP) and data warehouse applications.
Oracle Exadata Storage Servers also provide high-performance database storage for Oracle SPARC SuperCluster, which integrates high-performance, high-throughput SPARC-based servers with InfiniBand networks and storage—making it a universal platform for integrated Oracle Applications, Oracle Database, and mixed-vendor application workloads.
ZFS Storage Appliance: Oracle's First Application Engineered Storage for File I/O
ZFS Storage Appliances offer industry-leading price and performance, and support the consolidation of multiple file servers onto a single high-capacity, high-performance storage appliance. Key features and capabilities include advanced data services such as thin-provisioning, compression, deduplication and replication; enhanced data protection features to reliably deliver critical data when you need it; and support for multiple data access protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and fibre channel.22
Key points of competitive differentiation include:
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4: 3-9x Superior Value1Learn More23Oracle ZFS Storage: Superior Price/Performance2Learn More
- First and only storage system co-engineered to work with Oracle software. Unique features like Oracle-intelligent storage protocol (OISP) enable database administrators to dynamically and automatically tune enterprise storage for optimal database performance, in minutes instead of months.
- Support for Oracle Database Hybrid Columnar Compression for significant storage savings and performance improvements through industry-leading compression.
- Proven high performance for any workload, with high-performance SPC and SPECsfs benchmark results.
Analyst Report: "The latest version—ZS3—has a trifecta of advantages: the prerequisite enhanced performance and scalability that is the wont of all new storage systems, a surprisingly inclusive set of functionalities (including class-leading analytics), and an extended group of “better together” elements that make this a particularly compelling offering for Oracle Database users."Mark Peters, ESGRead the Analyst Report
- Because administrative costs account for a large part of your overall storage costs, analysts at Edison Group compared the management tools of ZFS Storage Appliance and NetApp filers. The findings revealed that ZFS Storage Appliance delivers 36 percent savings in storage administration costs over NetApp.
2 Results as of September 10, 2013. Results for Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 are 17,244.22 SPC-2 MBPS™, $22.53 SPC-2 Price-Performance. Results for IBM DS8870 are 15,423.66 SPC-2 MBPS, $131.21 SPC-2 Price-Performance. Results for HP P9500 XP Disk Array are 13,147.87 SPC-2 MBPS, $88.34 SPC-2 Price-Performance.24
Pillar Axiom: Oracle's Premier SAN Solution for Block I/O
Pillar Axiom 600 storage system is a better alternative to traditional SAN storage. It represents a fundamentally different approach wherein storage adapts dynamically to changing application requirements from the start, scales to accommodate growing performance and capacity demands over time, and simplifies the storage infrastructure to keep ongoing administrative requirements to a minimum.
Pillar Axiom 600 storage system was designed with QoS capabilities, allowing users to manage and prioritize resources based on the business value of any given application. Customers can specify the desired QoS level for each application, and use those policies to allocate storage system resources. Pillar Axiom far exceeds EMC SAN solutions in this respect, with inherent quality of service, four times as many controllers, 60 percent faster drive-rebuild times, and Oracle's unique Hybrid Columnar Compression technology to improve storage efficiency and reduce costs.Video: Oracle Senior Vice President Mike Workman discusses the advantages of Oracle's Pillar Axiom 600 quality of service.Watch the Video (2:43)25
StorageTek Solutions: Superior Backup and Archive
As data sources keep growing and industry regulations for archiving data get more stringent, companies are migrating a great deal of data from hard disk to near-line storage repositories such as tape libraries. Tape solutions offer the most cost-effective means to maintain long-term copies of infrequently used data and to backup large data sources."[The] numerous enhancements and significant improvements to tape drives, media and libraries that have occurred in the past few years have clearly positioned tape technology as the optimal choice for tier 3 data."Fred Moore, Horison
StorageTek tape libraries, tape drives, tape media, mainframe tape virtualization, and tape device software are world-class solutions that are used in some of today's most demanding data environments.
- Best in class: Oracle has the only enterprise tape and midrange tape libraries with 24/7 high-availability features. The StorageTek T10000D tape drive is the world's highest-capacity tape drive and the first tape solution to offer an exabyte (1 million TB) of storage capacity in a single tape library.
Analyst Report: "Magnetic tape not only survives, but thrives, providing the IT staff with the reliability, portability, and security that it needs to preserve and deliver enterprise."David Reine, Senior Analyst, Clipper GroupRead the Analyst Report27
- Proven: Oracle has more than 40 years of experience in StorageTek tape solutions.
- Reliable: StorageTek tape enables the highest levels of cost reduction, performance optimization, data availability, and simplified management available on the market.
Complete Support for Your Oracle Storage Solutions
Only Oracle provides a complete stack of hardware and software engineered and supported together as an integrated whole with a single point of service accountability. Oracle Premier Support for systems gives you the complete system support you need to proactively manage your Oracle storage systems, and it provides swift resolution when problems do arise, keeping your business information available 24/7. Coverage includes rapid-response hardware service, around-the-clock access to expert technical support, powerful proactive tools, and embedded system software updates. With Oracle, you can expect the highest level of award-winning, fully integrated system support the industry has to offer.Video: "Pillar Axiom gives us the flexibility for our spinning media that we need. And the StorageTek libraries give us the ability to have large capacity, highly available, near line storage that we can use for our archival data."Stephen Schleiger, NavisWatch the Video (2:27)28
Maximize the Performance of Your Oracle Investment
Oracle Advanced Customer Support Services provides services to help maximize performance and achieve higher availability of Oracle storage technologies. Oracle provides the knowledge and support needed during the installation, configuration, monitoring, and ongoing support of your mission-critical IT infrastructure. Sample service activities include
Video: "We decided to go with Oracle's Exadata and ZFS because they communicated with Infiniband and the information and the data stored much faster. It just became really simple by using Exadata and ZFS."Benjamin Casado, FAIR HealthWatch the Video (2:38)29ResourcesVideosWhite PapersWebcastsAnalyst ReportsCase StudiesWebsitesStay Connected
- Storage installation and configuration, focused on accelerating return on investment
- Storage optimization, including configuration and performance reviews
- Advanced monitoring and resolution services across the entire IT stack
- Advanced support engineers with unparalleled support and operational experience
- Oracle Fact Finders Video Series - Episode 1, Managing Storage Systems (11:45)
- Oracle Fact Finders Video Series - Episode 2, Improving Storage Utilization (10:22)
- Oracle Fact Finders Video Series - Episode 3, The Benefits of Data Compression (8:05)
- Oracle Fact Finders Video Series - Episode 4, Tiered Storage Archives (7:38)
- Oracle Fact Finders Video Series - Episode 5, Tale of the Tape (5:46)
- Do More with Oracle Optimized Storage (2:26)
- RL Polk Leverages HCC with Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage (2:37)
- Apollo Group Streamlines with Integrated Oracle Solution (1:56)
- Introducing StorageTek T10000D (2:43)
- Oracle StorageTek Tape Analytics Features with Executives (6:55)
- StorageTek Tape Analytics Software (2:46)
- Oracle's Industry-Leading StorageTek T10000C Tape Drive (4:20)
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom 600 Hybrid Columnar Compression (2:40)
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom 600 Quality of Service (2:43)
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom 600 Modular Architecture (2:08)
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (2:03)
- CERN (2:15)
- Queensland Brain Institute (3:53)
- Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS (2:53)
- NERSC (2:10)
- Qualcomm (0:55)
- Novation (2:46)
- iXtend (2:17)
- T3Media (2:11)
- iBridge (2:42)
- Apollo Group (1:56)
- Polk (2:37)
- SunGard (2:48)
- Avero (2:00)
- Navis (2:27)
- Earth Rangers (2:03)
- FAIR Health (2:38)
- Oracle IT Reaps the Benefits of Storage Modernization (PDF)
- The Best Network Attached Storage Choice for Oracle Database and Software Environments (PDF)
- Oracle’s StorageTek T10000D Further Reduces the TCO for Storing Data on Tape (PDF)
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom Storage—A Better Choice Than EMC (PDF)
- Oracle StorageTek Tape Storage—A Clear Winner Over IBM (PDF)
- Transforming Business with Oracle's Optimized Storage for Oracle Database 11g (PDF)
- Modernize Your Storage Infrastructure with the Latest Oracle StorageTek Tape Solutions
- Oracle's StorageTek SL3000 Modular Library System: Clearly Superior to Quantum – At a Lower Cost (PDF)
- ESG: Oracle ZS3 Storage: The Value of Integration (PDF)
- Tenaja Group: Top Performance on Mixed Workloads, Unbeatable for Oracle Databases (PDF)
- Dragon Slayer Consulting: Exposing the Unvarnished Truth About Database Storage – Why DBAs Today Have to Be Storage Experts (PDF)
- Storage Strategies NOW: Oracle Delivers One-Two Punch with New ZS3 Series (PDF)
- Dragon Slayer Paper: The End of the General Purpose Storage Era (PDF)
- Wikibon: Wikibon Paper: ZFS Storage Reads for Show, Writes for Dough (PDF)
- Evaluator Group Paper: Backing Up the Big Data Stack (PDF)
- ESG: Oracle Sun ZFS Storage Appliance: A Coming of Age Story (PDF)
- Storage Strategies NOW: Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Provides Superior Unified Storage Platform (PDF)
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom 600: A Great Fit in an Increasingly Broad Oracle Portfolio (ESG) (PDF)
- ESG: Cloud Storage: the Next Frontier for Tape (PDF)
- Horison: The Era of Colossal Content (PDF)
- In Search of the Long-Term Archiving Solution—Tape Delivers Significant TCO Advantage over Disk (Clipper Group) (PDF)
- Ten Reasons Why You Should Consider Enterprise-Class Tape for Open Systems Storage (Clipper Group) (PDF)
Copyright © 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.30
- Storage From A to ZFS (PDF)
- Ankara Keçiören Municipality
- Australian Finance Group (PDF)
- Banque Agricole du Niger
- Bridgestone Aircraft
- Cedacri S.p.A.
- Centre Hospitaliere de DOUAI
- Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz S.A.
- Direction Générale du Trésor et de la Comptabilité Publique
- Earth Rangers
- European Registry of Internet Domain Names
- Groupe Agrica
- Grupo Televisa, S.A.
- Gunsan City Hall
- Hansen Transmission
- Hospital Group of the Catholic Institute of Lille
- JN Data
- MainStreet Bank
- Michigan Department of Human Services
- M&R Printing
- Novant Health
- Oracle Optimized Storage: Innovation for Private Clouds and Virtualization e-book
- Oracle Optimized Storage: The Best for Oracle Database e-book
- Reliance Big Entertainment
- R.L. Polk & Co.
- Score Media
- Shanghai Workers Mutual Association
- T3 Media
- The USC Shoah Foundation Institute
- University of Central Florida
- Woori Bank
Results as of September 10, 2013. Results for Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 are 17,244.22 SPC-2 MBPS™, $22.53 SPC-2 Price-Performance. Results for IBM DS8870 are 15,423.66 SPC-2 MBPS, $131.21 SPC-2 Price-Performance. Results for HP P9500 XP Disk Array are 13,147.87 SPC-2 MBPS, $88.34 SPC-2 Price-Performance.